What This Product Does
The TL-SG108PE is an 8-port Gigabit Easy Smart Switch with 4 PoE ports, represents a powerful upgrade from an unmanaged switch. It is designed specically for small businesses that require simple network management and PoE function. The TL-SG108PE can connect and power up to four PoE devices, such as wireless access points (APs), IP cameras, and IP phones. Through its web-based user interface and management utility, the TL-SG108PE offers a variety of useful features, including network monitoring, trafc prioritization, and enhanced QoS. Additionally, with port-based, tag-based and MTU VLAN, TL-SG108PE can improve security and meet more network segmentation requirements.
Power Over Ethernet
4 of the 8 Auto-Negotiation RJ45 ports (port 1 to port 4) of the switch support Power over Ethernet (PoE) function. These PoE ports can automatically detect and supply power with those IEEE 802.3af compliant Powered Devices (PDs).
TL-SG108PE offers network monitoring for users to observe trafc behavior. Through its web-based user interface and management utility, the TL-SG108PE offers a variety of useful features, including network monitoring, trafc prioritization, and enhanced QoS. With Port Mirroring, Loop Prevention and Cable Diagnostics features, TL-SG108PE can identify and even locate connection problems on your business network. Moreover, administrators can designate the priority of the trafc based on Port Priority, 802.1P Priority and DSCP Priority, to ensure that voice and video are always clear, smooth and lag-free. Additionally, to improve security and network performance, TL-SG108PE supports MTU VLAN, port-based VLAN and 802.1Q-based VLAN functions. TL-SG108PE is an upgrade from the plug-and-play Unmanaged Switch, delivering great value while empowering your network and similarly delivering great value to the end user.
Easy to Use
The TL-SG108PE is easy to use and manage. Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports eliminates the need for crossover cables and uplink ports. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adapts to promote compatibility and optimize performance. The convenient, compact size makes it ideal for desktops with limited space. Active LED indicators provide real-time status feedback and basic error diagnostics.
- 8 10/100/1000Mbps ports provide instant large file transfers
- Equipped with 4 802.3af PoE ports with up to 15.4W for each port
- Supports PoE power up to 55W for all PoE ports
- IEEE 802.3x flow control provides reliable data transfers
- 15KB Jumbo frame improves performance of large data transfers
- Effective network monitoring via Port Mirroring, Loop Prevention and Cable Diagnostics
- Port/802.1p/DSCP QoS enable smooth latency-sensitive traffic
- Abundant VLAN features improve network security via traffic segmentation
- IGMP Snooping optimizes multicast applications
- Web-based user interface and Easy Smart Configuration Utility simplify configuration